Back to Documentation
Whenever a new update is pulled from Github it includes a file called nubuilder4.sql
This is used by the Update Button on the Builders tab on the Home Page, to make any changes to the current database.
The Update Button should be run each time files are pulled from Github.
Steps to update nuBuilder
Backup your database
It is essential to create a backup of your existing nuBuilder installation, including the database and files. This ensures that you can revert to the previous version in case something goes wrong during the update.
- 1. Backup your database. The Backup consists of a single file containing all nuBuilder tables and data.
- 2. Backup existing nuBuilder files: E.g. add them to an archive 2023_09_20_bk_nubuilder.zip
Alternatively, use a subversion client to obtain the latest files.
Extract the Files
- Once you have downloaded the ZIP file, extract its contents to any local directory on your computer.
Overwrite Existing Files
- You will need to transfer these files to your server where nuBuilder is hosted. This can be done via FTP or any other method you prefer. If you are running nuBuilder on a local web server like XAMPP, WAMP, or a similar environment.
- Copy and replace the files from the new nuBuilder version into your existing nuBuilder directory on the server. This will typically involve overwriting existing files with the new ones. Alternatively, you can delete all files except for `nuconfig.php` and files that do not belong to nuBuilder's core files. This helps ensure a clean and updated installation while preserving your configuration settings.
- After you have updated the files, run a database update. This is done when you log in to nuBuilder as a globeadmin.
Here are the steps to update the database schema:
- 1. Log into nuBuilder.
- 2. In newer versions, click the dropdown button next to the database button and select the "Update" option. In older versions, Go to the Database tab. Hit the 'Update' button.
- 3. Follow any on-screen prompts to complete the database schema update.
Test Your Installation
- Once the update process is complete, thoroughly test your nuBuilder installation to ensure everything is working as expected. Check your applications, forms, and any custom code you have implemented.