Back to Documentation
To create a Format we need to do 2 things.
- Choose the Data Type.
- Build the Format.
Building a nuDate
To build a date format, click on a combination of the following options.
Entering a Date with the keyboard requires the user to enter the date in the exact format.
eg. mask - result (2007-13-01 15:20:01)
- yy - 17
- yyyy - 2017
- pp - am or pm
- dd - 21
- ddd - Tue
- dddd - Tuesday
- mm - 03
- mmm - Mar
- mmmm - March
- hh - 15
- nn - 20
- ss - 01
.. and some punctuation.
Building a nuNumber
To build a nuNumber format you will need to provide up to 4 things.
1. A Currency sign (not essential)
2. A Separator that will separate a large number into thousands. (not essential)
3. A Decimal point character (only essential if Decimal Places is greater than 0)
4. Number of Decimal Places.
Changing these will change the display of the Format field.
All of these 4 fields are nuScroll Input Objects (with default values that can be scrolled through but will also accept other characters.)
- Forum Post - Input field mask / validation
Number as Text
- Forum Post
- The need:
user types "2" and then it auto formats to "+2.00" user types "-2" and then it auto formats to "-2.00" user types "1.5" and it auto formats to "+1.50"
- Use a Text format for Input Type (and class)
- In the database, a VARCHAR column type is used
let v = $(this).val(); let num = parseFloat($(this).val()); let fixed = num.toFixed(2); fixed = fixed > 0 ? '+' + fixed : fixed; $(this).val(fixed).change();