Jump to navigation Jump to search
- nuBuilder Forte (v4, v4.5) has followed in the footsteps of it's predecessor, v3, which had been completely written from the ground up relying on Ajax and JSON to communicate between the client’s browser and the server via an API.
nuBuilder is a type of software called CRUD which stands for the database activities, Create, Read, Update and Delete.
Two Screen Model
- CRUD is implemented by nuBuilder using a two screen model.
- All activities being achieved by either a Browse Screen or an Edit Screen.
- The browse screen displays a listing of records.
- It is designed allow users to easily manage a large amount of records
- It allows the user to order the list by clicking on the title to sort by
- Furthermore, it can, filter the records, using the text search feature above the listing.
- The fields displayed on the list are fully customisable.
- Hence, the right information can be displayed to assist in finding a particular record quickly.
- The edit screen uses tabs to efficiently display a lot of information for a particular record
- The browse screen lists records, with a subset of fields to help you select the right record
- The edit screen provides a complete view of a specific record and get all the information you need about it.
- A nuBuilder form uses
- data validation,
- It allows customising an edit screen to make both data entry and data integrity reliable
- It can also gather meta-data and other information as well, like CLIENT IP, BROWSER TYPE, etc
- This enables every form to work together with your business processes
- It hence makes an intuitive and complete database management system
- This pattern also allows for cloning of an existing record to a new one
- This makes data entry even quicker as all the common data is already inserted and only make changes where needed